Christopher P. Carr, Managing Partner of the Chicago Office, was in Houston on February 18, for the quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors for the International Propeller Club of the United States, an international business network dedicated to the promotion of the maritime industry, commerce and global trade. The Propeller Club aggressively promotes the maritime industry through many of its programs and partnering with other similar organizations. http://propellerclubhq.com
Mr. Carr was elected to the Board of Directors at the organization’s annual convention last October in Savannah. He is part of a group working to re-activate the Port of Chicago Chapter. These efforts were recently featured in an article in The Waterways Journal.
This meeting will include sessions for long-term strategy and growth for the organization, as well as gatherings at the Port of Galveston and Port of Houston Chapters.
Recent News and Events
- SBSB Law makes the Houston Chronicle’s 150 Top Places to Work.
- Congratulations to our newest SBSB Partners!
- Craig Stocker, Associate in the Houston Office, Named as Rising Star
- John R. Walker, Partner in the Houston Office, Invited to Present Mock Oral Argument at the Loyola Longshore Conference In New Orleans
- William "Douglas" Hammond, Partner in the Houston Office, Certified as Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Eric J. Stockel, Partner in the Boca Raton Office, Selected as one of Florida's "Top Lawyers" for 2016-17
- Claire E. B. Garza, Associate in the Houston Office, Speaker at Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute's Annual Seminar
- Claire E. B. Garza, Associate in the Houston Office, Honored with the Women in Law Awards 2016 by Lawyer's Monthly Magazine
- Tabitha Taylor, Associate in the Boca Raton Office, Selected as Fellow in the Prestigious WM. Reece Smith, Jr., Leadership Academy
- Thomas C. Fitzhugh III, Managing Partner Houston Energy Corridor Office, Serves as Judge for Championship Round of Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court