Houston, Texas (February 18, 2016) The law firm of Schouest, Bamdas, Soshea and BenMaier P.L.L.C. (SBSB Law) announces its merger with Fitzhugh & Elliott, P.C. of Houston effective February 16; the firm will retain the SBSB name. SBSB Law will maintain two Houston offices near its expanded client base in downtown Houston and in the Energy Corridor. Thomas C. Fitzhugh III and John Elliott, principals of Fitzhugh & Elliott, are now partners at SBSB Law. Also joining the growing practice are Associates Daniel Beel and Nicholas Paine, formerly of Fitzhugh & Elliott.
“There is a natural synergy between these two firms,” stated John Schouest of SBSB Law. “Tom and John are preeminent litigators renowned for their expertise and results. We’ve all know each other for years and have admired one another’s work on behalf of our clients. This merger deepens and expands our cornerstone focus in Admiralty and Maritime Law, Longshore, and Defense Base Acts claims. The addition of this intellectual capital allows us to continue to offer our clients an unrivaled level of proficiency.”
“SBSB has assembled the finest team for Longshore, Defense Base, and Admiralty Law and we are excited to join forces with our friends to provide the highest quality maritime legal service across the country,” said Tom Fitzhugh.
Tom Fitzhugh was the senior partner of Fitzhugh & Elliot, P.C., and is President of the Longshore Institute, Inc. He is currently an adjunct at Texas A&M University in maritime law. He is a graduate of Texas A&M University and received his J.D. (with honors) from the University of Texas and was recognized as one of the best admiralty lawyers by Houstonia magazine.
John Elliot was a partner at Fitzhugh & Elliott with a concentration in the defense of maritime law claims. He is a graduate of McNeese State University and received his J.D. (cum laude) from the South Texas College of Law.
SBSB Law, celebrated its first anniversary in February 2016, was named to the 2016 list of “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers.
Recent News and Events
- SBSB Law makes the Houston Chronicle’s 150 Top Places to Work.
- Congratulations to our newest SBSB Partners!
- Craig Stocker, Associate in the Houston Office, Named as Rising Star
- John R. Walker, Partner in the Houston Office, Invited to Present Mock Oral Argument at the Loyola Longshore Conference In New Orleans
- William "Douglas" Hammond, Partner in the Houston Office, Certified as Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Eric J. Stockel, Partner in the Boca Raton Office, Selected as one of Florida's "Top Lawyers" for 2016-17
- Claire E. B. Garza, Associate in the Houston Office, Speaker at Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute's Annual Seminar
- Claire E. B. Garza, Associate in the Houston Office, Honored with the Women in Law Awards 2016 by Lawyer's Monthly Magazine
- Tabitha Taylor, Associate in the Boca Raton Office, Selected as Fellow in the Prestigious WM. Reece Smith, Jr., Leadership Academy
- Thomas C. Fitzhugh III, Managing Partner Houston Energy Corridor Office, Serves as Judge for Championship Round of Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court